Have You Been Exposed to Mold?

Mold is a dangerous condition that you do not want to have to deal with. Mold illness can and will create multiple health issues because different areas of the body  can be affected. It is important to have mold removed immediately to protect yourself and your family from mold illness.

What is Mold?

Mold is a form of fungus you can find both indoors and outdoors. Mold indoors is generally found in damp, warm, and humid areas of the home. Bathrooms are notorious for mold outbreaks due to the moisture found in the room. Once mold develops in an area, it can spread and produce spores. Spores are resilient and can survive in environments that do not normally produce mold.

Have you Been Exposed to Mold and What Are the Symptoms of Mold Exposure?

Mold can be dangerous for people who suffer from chronic lung issues, allergies, and asthma. Some of the symptoms are similar to that of a cold. The following are the common symptoms of mold exposure

  • Runny nose
  • Sneezing
  • Wheezing
  • Stuffy nose
  • Eye irritation
  • Coughing
  • Post nasal drip
  • Watery eyes
  • Itchy throat, eyes, and nose

According to the CDC, exposure to mold can create respiratory issues in otherwise healthy people, and is one of the primary causes of asthma.

The Toxic Black Mold

Black mold is a toxic form of mold that causes serious medical issues. It is necessary however to remove all mold – black or other – immediately from your environment. Depending on the exposure and length of exposure to black mold, a sufferer can experience problems including breathing, mental impairments, and internal organ damage.

Symptoms of toxic black mold exposure include:

  • Reduced attention span
  • Problems with concentration
  • Disorientation
  • Loss of memory
  • Impaired learning ability
  • Pulmonary edema
  • Hallucinations
  • Anxiety
  • Aggression
  • Heart inflammation
  • Infertility
  • Seizures
  • Liver disease

If you feel you may have been exposed to mold or have mold growing in your home or place of business, it is necessary to have mold testing performed by a professional. Mold spores exist in the air and when combined with water or moisture can germinate and cause a mold outbreak within 48 hours. Calling an expert to perform mold testing is the best way to ensure your safety.

To ask an AirMD scientist a question about this service please Click Here or to schedule an appointment call 1-888-462-4763 or 1-888-GO-AIRMD

By Simon Hahessy | Posted in Mold Inspection